Our grants reach all corners of our community –
It is through grants that the Foundation is able to help elevate the quality of life for residents of the Verdugo area.
We welcome grant requests from nonprofit organizations. Grant recipients must have appropriate fiscal and program accountability. The Foundation does not make grants to individuals unless they are students receiving scholarships (see our section on Scholarships for more information).
Here are a few things you should know about our grants:
- Average grant amounts range from $8,000 to $12,000
- We fund nonprofit organizations that have IRS nonprofit status and serve the Verdugo area with capital improvements and programs in response to community needs
- We don’t fund religious or political groups, budget deficits, or projects; programs focused exclusively on sports or that serve outside of the Verdugo area; direct aid to individuals; administrative or operational expenses; and organizations that are out of compliance with state and federal laws
- Nonprofits can apply one time per 12-month period
- Those who are selected for funding will need to wait 24 months before being able to apply for funding again
Grant application deadline for 2022 is:
- June 15, 2022